Aerobics class energized by new teacher

Cody Hausdorf, Writer

With 25 years of experience teaching aerobics in New Jersey, new teacher Ms. Brandt is ready to take on this school year. It is Ms. Brandt’s first year ever teaching at Osceola. She said, “I am truly excited about the class. My students and I are going to have a great time with the diverse techniques and lessons I have planned.”

Ms. Brandt can already tell she is going to enjoy teaching this school year. She states, “I have a fantastic group of students and they are looking forward to increasing their fitness in a comfortable and fun environment.” Aerobics is a unique way of exercising. Ms. Brandt said “aerobics is a form of physical exercise that combines rhythmic, cardiovascular exercise with stretching and strength training routines with the goal of improving all elements of fitness.” Something that makes aerobics a different type of exercise is its use of upbeat music. “It is usually performed to music and may be done in a group setting like our class will be.”

Not only can aerobics be a great time, but it also has many health benefits. The goals in the classroom are to increase cardiovascular endurance, upper and lower body strength, and core strength. Not only does Ms. Brandt want to help improve her students’ health this year, but she is also expecting to have fun and teach the kids lifetime activities. She plans to use many activities to engage her students and get them fired up about aerobics. These activities include Zumba, Pilates, Tae Bo, hip hop, circuit training, and yoga.