Lady Warriors make history

Josh Jones, Writer

After the Warriors softball team won Districts, it was time to move onto Regionals. The team had two Regional games; one was the Regional Quarterfinals against the Armwood Hawks and the other was the Regional Semifinals against the Braden River Pirates.

“This was one of our goals before the season ever started; we know where we finished last year and with 8 returning players this year. We knew we should finish farther than last year,” said Coach Jerry King.

The game against Armwood was a good game to start off regionals with; the team beat the Hawks 11-5. The game started off slow for the Warriors but they came out scoring runs since they put up 2 runs in the first two innings taking the lead 2-0. The third inning was not so good for the Warriors since they gave up three runs to Armwood letting them take the lead 3-2. Neither team scored in the fourth but the Hawks put up two more runs in the fifth but the Warriors came back and scored 6 more runs taking the lead 8-5. In the sixth inning Armwood gave up 3 more runs letting the Warriors take the lead 11-5. After all of that, no one else scored for either team leaving the final score 11-5, Warriors.

“About in the fifth inning is when they started scoring all the runs. I started to realize this was going to be my last high school game… ever,” said Lindsey Hall. After the win against Armwood, Osceola then was on their way to Braden River. However, this game was not like most of theirs. The Pirates came out scoring all over; one run in the first, 2 runs in the second, and 5 runs in the third and fourth inning. Osceola did not score a run all game. They could not hit either since they only had one hit. The final score of the game was 13-0 Braden River. This was only the second time this year that the Warriors have been shut down on scoring no runs.

This season had its ups and downs as we expected to start the season a little better than we did but as the season progressed we starting showing out strides and we won games that mattered,

— Coach Jerry

” said Coach Jerry.