Boys basketball starts off their season

Adam+Sweirenga+wears+his+basketball+team+shirt+on+the+first+game+day+of+the+season.+

Justine Zitman

Adam Sweirenga wears his basketball team shirt on the first game day of the season.

Joe Ligrani, Writer

Wednesday night at 6:30, the boys’ basketball team had their first game of the season against Largo. The team has been practicing together since the first week of November. They played their Orange and Blue game during 7th period on Friday the 18th of November. This year students can expect to see a lot of new players on the court due to the amount of seniors the team lost last year. Students will also be seeing more advertising for games around the school and at lunches. “We really want to get as many students out to our games as possible,” junior Jared Galaris said. “The orange and blue game had a great turn out and I can honestly say playing for a crowd is much more satisfying.”

Senior Adam Sweirenga has been playing for the Osceola team since he was a freshman. Adam also plays with friends at the Seminole recreation center on the weekends and has been involved in the sport since he was little. “Basketball season is by far my favorite time of the year,” Sweirenga said. “It can get very stressful with all of the practicing but the hard work pays off during our games.” This week alone the team will play 4 games in both varsity and JV. “The most difficult part is getting back in shape and getting back the same skills that you had at the end of the last season,” Senior Ethan Willis said.

The team’s next home game will be this Friday night, December 2nd. JV begins at 6:30 and Varsity will begin after the JV game is finished. The boys will be playing against Dixie Hollins high school. Tickets can be purchased at the doors or during school on Friday. To see the full schedule click here.