Lady Warriors make it to finals

Josh Jones

Captain Leah Pecora believes the team is ready to beat Palm Harbor.

Jake Nicholas, Writer

The lady Warriors soccer season is the one they were hoping for. The girls are 18-1 and are on a 17 game win streak and don’t look like they’re going to stop losing any time soon. Osceola has faced some of the toughest opponents in Pinellas County this season, including their rival Seminole High School.  The team has scored an outstanding 83 goals while only allowing 13 goals. The view the girls schedule click here.

The lone loss of the season was against Palm Harbor University who is ranked 1st in the state rankings, and 3rd in the national rankings. When the teams faced off earlier in the season, the Hurricanes won the showdown 4-0. However, the Warriors feel as if they have become a better and stronger team ready to beat the Hurricanes. Senior Captain Leah Pecora stated, “After our loss to Palm Harbor, we realized we had to play a lot better to beat a team as prestigious as them. We have won every game after playing them and hopefully we can take our hot streak into the finals.”

There is a lot of hope for the team, though. Although the Hurricanes have not lost a game the whole season, they recently tied to a weaker opponent in Plant High School who has only won 7 games the whole season. “It shows they aren’t invincible,” said Pecora. “If we continue to play like we have been these last couple of games, I believe we have a great chance to beat them.” The PCAC final will be this Friday at Palm Harbor University with the time yet to be announced.