Warrior Record Online

Teen star coming to Tampa Bay

Photo courtesy of rachelfarleymusic.com

Seventeen year old Rachel Farley.

Hailey Perdue, Writer

Seventeen year old singer/songwriter Rachel Farley will be in the Tampa area Monday, April 29th.  She’s going to be visiting various schools to talk about what it’s like to be a country music star. Rachel is from Lawrenceville, Georgia. “I’ve been fortunate to share the stage with some artists that I really look up to. Brantley Gilbert has been a huge mentor to me and I spent about two and a half years on the road with him. I actually sing background vocals on ‘Kick it in the Sticks’. I’m the ‘hey trouble, what’s up?’” Rachel said. She also goes on tour with Luke Bryan and Jason Aldean on the “My Kinda Party” tour. Some other country stars she’s shared the stage with include: Colt Ford, Corey Smith, Florida Georgia Line, Randy Houser, and Sheryl Crow.

“I don’t really consider myself ‘famous’. I guess it depends on who you ask. I honestly don’t think about it. I just play music. Being young or being famous really doesn’t cross my mind,” she said, “I’ll be 18 March 28th! Countdown has started!” she continued.  She’s not too different at home when she’s not on stage, “Who I am when I am on stage is exactly who I am off stage. I love playing music and writing music and everything that goes along with it. When I’m hanging out at the house I love watching movies, playing Call of Duty (cause I’m a giant nerd), working out, and just hanging out with the people I love. It’s not much of an adjustment from stage to home other than a pair of sweatpants. I’m the same person no matter where I am,” she said.

Learn more about Rachel and hear her latest song at the bottom of the screen on her website.

About the Writer
Hailey Perdue, Web Editor

Hailey is a senior at OHS and is in her third year of Journalism!! She is the Web Editor of this news website! She enjoys reading the newspaper because she’s the type of person that really needs to know what’s going on around her. Recently, Hailey had a knee injury, this unfortunately restricts her from doing the activities she once enjoyed; running, tennis, baseball; even swimming can be challenging. Her friends and family are helping her through this experience, they are a huge part of her life! In four years, Hailey sees herself attending USF to become an Ultrasound Technician. She adores babies and believes it will be exciting to learn everything an UT knows and experiences on a daily basis.