Girls’ soccer winds up successful season

Josh Jones, Writer

The girls’ soccer team was on a roll this year going all the way to the regional semi-finals. But the team had to go through a tough season before they got to this game. “It was a great season even though we lost a few games,” said Maggie Heverly. The team’s overall record was 16-3-1 including all playoff games.

The team had to play three district games, and those three games were against Bay Shore, Tarpon, and Bogie. The girls won all three games:  Bay Shore 8-0 at home, Tarpon 4-1 at Bogie, and Bogie 4-0 at Bogie. By winning those three games, the girls became district champions moving onto regionals. “It was a moment to remember. I was thinking of how I could not have gone into regionals with a better group of girls,” said another player. The team played two games in regionals, one game against Blake and the other was against Robinson. The girls beat Blake 10-0 at home, but when the time came to play Robinson for the semi-finals in regionals, the girls could not come out with a win, as they lost the game 3-2. “I believe that the team next year will be even better, with the incoming freshman and the new coaches I have confidence they will make it to states” said another player.

UPDATE: GIRLS SOCCER TEAM BEATS BLAKE IN A SHUTOUT

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/soccer/preps/girls-soccer-osceola-10-blake-0/2262360

Osceola’s girls’ varsity team is on a roll.

The team beat Boca Ciega 4-0 last week, with the help of Rachel Dirks’ two goals.  Dirks was nominated for Tampa Bay Times’ Hometown Hotshot as a result.

Now the team is moving on to regional playoffs. Tonight they will play Blake High School at 7 p.m., and if they win they will move on to the next game.  The game is at home.