Seniors count down to graduation

Ms.+Nolan+makes+a+sign+in+student+services+to+let+seniors+know+how+much+longer+it+is+till+graduation.+

Jess Zsiga

Ms. Nolan makes a sign in student services to let seniors know how much longer it is ’till graduation.

Madison Murphy, Writer

65. The number of days left until the senior class walks across the stage at Tropicana Field, wearing their white and blue caps and gowns. The way that students keep track of the numbers of days left for them is the board hanging on the wall in Mrs. Nolan’s office. Written in colorful whiteboard markers, the sign reads “65 SCHOOL DAYS UNTIL GRADUATION” with little illustrations of balloons, flowers and a graduation cap.
“I really like it,” said office TA Bailey Wagner, 12th grade. Wagner is graduating on June 2nd, along with the other seniors in the class of 2016. “I really appreciate the board being there. It helps me keep track.”
With the number on the board creeping down one by one, day by day, graduation is slowly, but surely, approaching for the graduating class.
“I’m so excited for graduation,” continued Wagner. “It’s taking long enough for it to get here.”
With the dwindling months approaching graduation, seniors still have time to pay their dues, get ready for senior week and prom, order their yearbooks, apply for more scholarships, and overall get mentally prepared to leave basic schooling, and go off into the world.

They could do things like furthering their education, or maybe starting off their careers right away… Or maybe they would take a little break before immediately starting off their futures.
As they watch the numbers on the board get smaller and smaller each day, they see that their time in high school is coming to an end. 65, 64, 63, 62, 61…