Is Hoco overpriced?

Azalee Nelson

If decoration goes as planned, it will be hard to tell that this is the same place on the night of the Homecoming dance!

Johana Campas, Staff Writer

Since Homecoming is around the corner, many students are getting antsy purchasing that cute dress or pair of shoes as well as asking their crush to Homecoming, but there is one question that hasn’t been answered; why is Homecoming so expensive?

Kylie Kagan, 11th grade, said, “I think that it’s not fair to charge us 35 dollars to have our Hoco dance in the school gym, especially when other high schools like Palm Harbor University charge the same amount and they rented out a big room at a country club.”

Raine Lester, 11th grade, said, “I do feel that if you attend the school, you should get in for free.”  

Logan Ferrell, 9th grade, has a very strong opinion about the amount of money Hoco costs. “I think it’s ridiculous because Hoco is the same amount of money as Seminole High School and their Homecoming was in Banquet Masters and ours is in our school gym, and they paid the same amount of money.”

Judy Morales, 10th grade, has another point of view about Hoco in the gym. “I really like how the they transform the school gym; you almost can’t recognize it, but I do think Hoco is a little bit overpriced.” Since some students do not like the price of the school dance and where it is held; what do you think?