Hands-on learning through the screen

Students are practicing their math by playing kahoot.

Kelli Slater, Staff Writer

“I love Kahoot. It allows me to compete with my classmates and helps me learn better because sometimes just taking notes isn’t the most interactive way of learning for me. 

— Gavin Kane

This year at Osceola is different for sure, to say the least. With COVID-19 taking over, teachers
have had to overcome the obstacle of teaching online. When teaching online, teachers never know if you are actually paying attention or not, especially if your camera is off. One way teachers can interact with students is by Kahoot. Through Kahoot, teachers get to set up questions for the students to answer based off what they are learning in class. It also gives the students a chance to compete against each other. Some teachers even hand out extra credit test points for the students who end up on the leaderboard at the end of the game. 

Gavin Kane, 10th grade, said, “I love Kahoot. It allows me to compete with my classmates and helps me learn better because sometimes just taking notes isn’t the most interactive way of learning for me.” Gavin isn’t the only student who is loving these hands-on activities. 

Riley Jamo, 10th grade, said “My math teacher has us play Kahoot and Jeopardy before a test, and it helps me get a review in and helps me study.”