Communication changes in Pinellas County

Student+backpacks+no+longer+wil+be+filled+with+random+flyers.+

Drew Jackson

Student backpacks no longer wil be filled with random flyers.

Justine Zitman, Writer

Starting February 29, Pinellas County is enhancing a new way to deliver information throughout the county. It’s called the peachjar. Over the years, information was given out on a physical paper copy to students, and hopefully it would end up in the hands of their parents. The peachjar is going to send out the information electronically, and also be posted on all Pinellas County school websites. According to the newsletter that advertises the service, peachjar is expected to save the school district paper and reduce copy coasts by thousands of dollars. To receive the information electronically, simply click flyers you receive via email, or click the peachjar button on the school homepage.

In addition, posting school flyers in this electronic backpack “removes a significant administrative burden from teachers, office staff, and volunteers,” according to Dr. Valerie Brimn, who is Director of Strategic Partnerships. The electronic flyers will be given out from your child’s school, only once per week. Once you resister to receive to electronic newsletter, you will receive a welcome email from the peachjar, which includes a username and password. The username and password is provided to give you the opportunity to control your account and flyer delivery preferences. Remember, you do not need to login to receive or view the school eflyers, but you must login in order to “opt-out” of this delivery service. “I think the way the school used to give out the information, was a bit hectic. But I think now, with the peachjar, parents will be able to get the information in a more effective and organized way”, said Angela Vo, 9th grade. To get started with the peachjar, you can add [email protected], to your email contacts. When you receive your first eflyer, be sure to click “always display images.”