Senior class takes part in end of the year activities

Madison Murphy, Staff Writer

With less than two months ’till graduation, the next few weeks will be full of senior activities, going from prom to Grad Bash to senior day all the way till graduation. There are certain rites that seniors go through to fully be done with high school and enter adulthood.

The first big event that the seniors get to go to during their remaining weeks at high school is Grad Bash. Grad Bash is on Saturday, April 23rd at Universal Studios in Orlando. Kendrick Lamar is performing for Grad Bash on the date that the soon-to-be graduates are attending.

The Saturday after Grad Bash is prom. The theme for prom this year, which will be at the Coliseum in St. Petersburg, is Mardi Gras, so the dance is expected to be full of purple, green and gold beads, sparkling masks and lots of fun. Taking place on April 30th, prom starts at 8:00 PM and ends at 11:00 PM. Tickets are fifty dollars and only made available to Seniors and Juniors, but they are allowed to bring underclassmen, people who have already graduated and students from other schools.

A few weeks after prom on Monday, May 16th is the Senior Olympics, where the senior class can play games. Wednesday, May 18th, is Senior Day. Lasting the entire school day, Senior Day consists of things like the senior breakfast and picnic, cap and gown distribution and graduation practice.

And lastly, the final day of all the senior activities, is graduation. Graduation is on June 2nd from 3:45-5:15 PM at Tropicana Field. Graduates will hear speeches and then take the stage.

Lindsey Hall, 12th grade, said, “I’m so excited for all of this stuff coming up. I’ve been looking forward to all of this since I was a freshman.”

So, in the last few weeks before the seniors walk out of the doors of school, seniors have to make sure to pay their dues, pick up their prom tickets and make the most out of their days left at Osceola.