Cross country makes their way to the finish line

Taylor+Stone%2C+9th+grade%2C+makes+OHS+history+by+being+the+youngest+runner+to+break+records+on+the+team.+

Josh Jones

Taylor Stone, 9th grade, makes OHS history by being the youngest runner to break records on the team.

Kyla MacDonald, Writer

The Cross Country season is slowly coming to an end, with only one meet left before PCAC and districts begin. The 2016-2017 team showed great improvement throughout every meet, especially with  run times dropping significantly. “I think as a whole we are really strong; we had a great season. It was a long hard season but everyone competed well. Overall we are all motivated and I think that affected the season very well,” senior Jessica Sanders stated.

One student who is a part of the hard working team is Taylor Stone. Taylor is a freshman and this is her first year on the Cross Country team. She explained, “I just want to improve every race and help my team”. Along with the rest of the team, Taylor has established herself as a solid runner and was especially noticed at her last meet in Northport. Taylor almost broke eighteen minutes, which is a huge achievement since that is the time the boys should be running. Taylor’s mom, teacher Ms. Stone, added, “I’m really proud of her; I would love to see her to keep running and possibly get a scholarship for it”. Although Taylor is making outstanding achievements in Cross Country, she’s one of the key parts of the team along with her fellow runners. The team plans to go out with a bang and finish all meets, as well as districts, as best they can.