Switch up for the Senior Olympics

A picture taken during the Senior Olympics, May 2016.

Dan Dunavin

Madelyn Shimkus, Guest Writer

The original date of the Senior Olympics was April 26, 2023, according to Osceola Fundamental High School. The date has now changed to Wednesday, May 3. It still remains after school at 6:00 in the afternoon. There is a 10-dollar team entry fee.

Back in 2016, the seniors played food relay, sack relay, wheelbarrow relay, jump rope relay, skateboard relay, and mullet toss. These were activities that students played against each other. However, they got to pick their team color and teammates. These were team activities that students could do with other seniors in your class as a fun gathering. 2016 senior Chase Achuff said, “I was pretty excited for the Senior Olympics. I didn’t really know how fun it would be going in, but it turned out to be a great time.”

All seniors are invited and can go. This will be the last senior activity where they are will be gathered together besides graduation, which is May 16th, 2023, at 7:30 in the morning. This year’s graduation will be held at Tropicana Field. Another senior says, “My favorite part about the senior Olympics was when we had the skateboard relay. We played different relay races and there was a challenge where we threw a fish into a bucket which was actually pretty fun.”