Orange and Blue face off in football game

The+final+score+of+the+Orange+and+Blue+game+was+28-14%2C+Orange+team+%28in+white%29+won.+

Josh Jones

The final score of the Orange and Blue game was 28-14, Orange team (in white) won.

Josh Jones, Writer

Two players were injured during the last football game of the school year, and one of the injuries may impact the team.

One Warrior hurt his collar bone but he will not be out for very long, but another broke his ankle and will be out for 12 months.

The traditional Blue and Orange football game was Friday the 20th. “It was fun. It was a Blue and Orange game, so it was not 100 percent,  but it was fun to play in front of a crowd,” said Denver Zupan, Wide Receiver. The game went on till 3:00, but most people left at about 1:30-1:35 because of transportation (like having to ride the bus) or the heat drove them out of the stands.
This game was held so that the students could have a good time and for the players to get back into things, although it was just like another practice for them.  The only difference was that fans were in the bleachers.  Coach Kevin Smalley split the teams evenly by position groups. So one team may have had the better set of receivers, line backers, defensive backs, or linemen.
According to Denver, since it was not a 100 percent all-out game, the game was not as good as they usually are. “We need to work on everything,” said Denver. Throughout watching the game, the fans and coaches could tell that there were things that both teams needed to work on. Some more than others. “Tackling was the biggest issue from the game that we needed to fix,” said Denver.
Even though the game was not the best effort, the fans still had fun as they were yelling out to their friends on different teams; one fan even shouted “I LOVE YOU” (in a joking way). Besides, the fans did not care about the play level of the game because they got to miss seventh period by going to watch.
This game will be followed by another game at East Lake on Friday, May 27th at 7:30.