Tornadoes wreak havoc on senior night; Warriors setting up for Seminole

Josh Jones

Taveon Strowbridge tries to find an opening in the Clearwater defense.

Jake Nicholas, Writer

They saw, they came, and they conquered. The Clearwater Tornadoes came into the game on a 7 game winning streak and were considered by many to be one of the best teams in the county. The game started on a high note for the Warriors. Sophomore Quarterback Jake Annand connected with Sophomore Running back Josh Givens on an 87 yard touchdown pass. However the celebrations didn’t last too long. The Tornado offense came onto the field ready to play. They marched down the field and did not look back. At the end of the first quarter the score was 21 – 7 in favor of the visitors. The rest of the game was more of the same for the visitors. They were outplayed by the athletes on Clearwater led by University of Tennessee commit Jacquez Jones.

“We had known how good Clearwater had been this season and the amount of playmakers they have on their team, but it’s hard to get ready for players of their caliber in practice when we have never seen anyone like them,” said sophomore linebacker Jaden Celeste.

The Warriors, however, are putting the game behind them. “It’s important to move on from a tough game like this because it shows how well our team stays together,” stated Senior Center Oscar Williams.

To see the recap of the game click here. Next week Osceola plays in the game they have had marked on their calendars all year long. It is Seminole week and the team is anxious to get onto the game field to continue the winning streak against the Warhawks. The game is at 7:30 this Friday at Seminole High School.