The last shot has been taken

Josh Jones

JV team uniform from sophomore and another captain, Allison Richards.

Kyla MacDonald, Writer

As Osceola High’s sports season merges from Winter sports to Spring sports, the girl’s JV soccer season has officially come to an end. The Lady Warriors ended the season with a 6-1 record, losing the last game to Seminole High. One of the captains of the team, Beryl Battle, 10th grade, explained, “I’m proud of the team, and the hard work they put in this season.”

This season, the girls beat one of ‘their biggest competitors,’ as Coach Pile put it. In previous years, the JV team has tied St. Pete High 0-0, and lost 3-2, according to Pile. This year the Warriors won the game with the score of 2-1.

In other games won against Dixie Hollins, Boca Ceiga, Largo, and Northeast, the girls “Mercy-Ruled”, said Coach Pile.  Pile explained “Mercy-Rule” as “when one team has the score of 8-0, and the game is ended early.” In the last game against Seminole High, Beryl said, “We worked hard during the (Seminole) game, trying to make goals, but I’m proud of the work that was put into the game.”  Coach Pile said the girls’ performance this season was impressive. “In the past, we have not handled physical games as well, so there is a greater level of toughness in this year’s group. I like how everyone works to do their part and there is not a dependence on a particular star to carry the team”.

The JV girls will have a banquet sometime in late January or early February to celebrate the accomplishments this season.