Students make Super Bowl predictions

Jake Nicholas, Writer

This NFL season has had a lot of up and downs for every team, from Tom Brady of the New England Patriots being suspended the first four games of the year for the infamous deflate gate in the 2015 playoffs, to the San Diego Chargers packing up and leaving after 46 years to go and play in Los Angeles. The league’s most popular teams, however, have not failed to impress. The Falcons, Patriots, Steelers, and Packers are some of the league’s most exciting teams to watch, and it is not a surprise that they are the last four teams in contention for a Super Bowl win. With Super Bowl 51 a little over two weeks away, Osceola students decided to make their picks on who they think has what it takes to win it all.

Senior Logan Kleinhans is a huge Buccaneer and Cowboys fan. “Last week was a tough one for me watching my Cowboys lose to the Packers” said Kleinhans, “But after the game I realized this might be the year for Green Bay, and I believe the Packers will beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl.” If that is the case, the game will be a showdown between two of the league’s best Quarterbacks in Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. Both players are in the running with Atlanta Quarterback Matt Ryan to win the honor of the NFL’s Most Valuable Player. However the famous sports betting hotel and casino, Westgate in Las Vegas, has the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons having the best odds of winning the championship at 5-4 for the Patriots, and 13-5 for the Falcons.

Every season, lifelong Patriots fan Brandon Arms has high hopes for the team to win the Super Bowl. “I’ve been a Patriots fan forever,” said Arms. “Every year it feels like the Patriots can do something special; this year isn’t an exception. I believe the Super Bowl match-up will be the Patriots versus Packers, with the Patriots bringing home the Lombardi trophy.” The games this Sunday will be a must-watch for football fans across the country. The predictions of the games made by CBS sports have the Packers as a 4 point underdog to the Falcons, and the Steelers as a 6 point underdog to the Patriots. To see the playoff brackets click here.