Students weigh in on historic NFL season

Jake Annand believes the Bucs will win the Super Bowl.

Jake Nicholas, Writer

This year’s NFL season was filled with exciting moments that will leave fans debating for months until the new season starts. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliot who were both rookies, led the Dallas Cowboys to a 13-3 record and the number one seed in the playoffs. Another exciting moment was when Matt Ryan won his first league MVP while leading his Atlanta Falcons to its first Super Bowl appearance since 1978. But the Super Bowl was the icing on the cake on the season for fans across the country.

The Super Bowl this year was a roller coaster for fans all across the world. Just when it seemed like the Atlanta Falcons had the game in the bag, the mighty New England Patriots stormed back to tie the game in the fourth quarter and eventually win the game in overtime by the score of 34-28. Students around the school were buzzing with excitement after the game.  Senior Brandon Arms a lifelong Patriots fan was ecstatic about the result. “I was on the edge of my seat the whole game. I never doubted New England even when they were down by 18 at the half.” The Patriots comeback was the first time ever a team came back from a 25 point deficit to win the game. The game also was the first time ever that the Super Bowl went into overtime.

Warrior Quarterback Jake Annand still believes the Buccaneers have a great chance of winning the Super Bowl. “It’s simple; the Bucs have a young team who are getting better and better each year. This year is Tampa’s time to bring home the Lombardi Trophy.”