Warriors remember ground-breaking athletes

Julianna Marlow, Guest Writer

As softball season begins, the opportunity arises to remember softball all-stars from Osceola’s class of 2016. First team all-star pitcher Sarah Hull played softball all four years of high school at OFHS. Sarah is a multi-sport athlete who also played JV soccer her sophomore year. Sarah went on to play softball in college for the Covenant Scots. Sarah majored in music and played softball all her years at Covenant. Sarah is now a worship director at her childhood church. Sarah’s senior season was unfortunately cut short playing for the Scots, due to the pandemic. Sarah graduated virtually in the spring of 2020 back at home.

According to the Scots Athletic senior spotlight page, Sarah’s head coach, Brie Carmack said, “She was a fierce competitor in the circle, but a light in the dugout. Huskey always wanted what’s best for her teammates and she was always their biggest cheerleader.”  Sarah’s number 7 jersey is hangs proudly in the cafeteria displayed next to a close friend’s jersey, Maria Kappos, number 14. Maria was a 2nd team all-state infielder, and she also went on to play softball at a Division 2 college. Osceola’s tryouts for this year’s softball team just concluded, creating a new line up consisting of various grade levels and skills for the 2020-2021 school year. The Osceola girls softball team plays its first game on Wednesday, February 10th at 7:00pm at home. They will be competing against Palm Harbor followed by a long spring season ahead.