Athletic scholarship opportunity lands in Osceola

Justine Zitman, Writer

Osceola Athletic Boosters is offering a 500-dollar scholarship to one athletic senior male and one athletic senior female. The winners of the Athletic Booster scholarship will be announced at the senior award ceremony. The applications are on the Osceola Fundamental website, and will soon be available in student services. To be eligible to receive the scholarship, students must meet certain criteria. Students must have a weighed GPA of 3.0 and must have gotten one varsity letter during their junior or senior year.

To apply for the athletic scholarship, students must also write a 500-word essay. The application asks students to list their achievements over their high school career.

“After the applications are due, they will then be sent to a committee that takes turns going though each application and scoring them,” said Mrs. Copello, head of Athletic Boosters. She also says that the names of the applications are kept anonymous during the scoring process.

“The applications with the highest scores become the recipients of the award and are announced at the senior awards event in May,” says Mrs. Copello. When the one senior male and one senior female win the scholarship, they must have to have a copy of their acceptance letter to receive the $500 scholarship award.

The applications are due back to Assistant Principal Mr. Robertson no later than April 15.  For additional information contact OFHS Athletic Boosters.