Glory to gory

Josh Jones

Osceola High’s library is decorated for the Halloween season.

Kyla MacDonald, Writer

As fall approaches, that means only one thing at Universal Studios and Busch Gardens- the Orlando and Tampa amusement parks begin to open their annual haunted houses. Several students are planning on attending one of the events. Although they may seem similar, students have a preference of which one they believe is better. Howl-O-Scream is at Busch Gardens from September 29th to October 30th from 7:30pm to 1:00am. Howl-O-Scream offers several mazes and houses to walk through. Not to mention, it highlights features of the animal habitats. However, Howl-O-Scream does not have a theme. Sophomore Kyleigh Little explained, “it’s a lot of fun to go to; the atmosphere of the animals makes you jump some more, since you’re in the pitch black”. While Howl-O-Scream offers several scare zones and mazes, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal has a multitude of favorite horror shows as their themes, such as American Horror Story, Walking Dead, The Exorcist, Thee Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and Krampus. Halloween Horror Nights is at Universal Studios, and runs September 16th through October 31st. Sophomore Megan Simmons stated, “I’m excited to go; they have several of my favorite horror themed shows as their themes”.  Some students are unsure about which one theme park to go to, since they seem the very similar. At Howl-O-Scream, you walk through a series of mazes and scare zones, and at Halloween Horror Nights you walk through horror themed houses. Megan Simmons, sophomore, added “I’m going to both, but I’m more excited to go to the Horror Nights, because the themes are better”. Besides the themes being different, the biggest difference is that at Howl-O-Scream the “actors” can come up and touch, while Halloween Horror Nights they stay near the person, but they don’t come up and touch.  Don’t forget that the Halloween themes disappear as soon as Halloween ends.